Jittery or non-smooth footage can be caused by many factors not related to your Syrp product. To help us further understand and narrow down the problem you may be having we need you to provide reference footage and some basic information. Please follow the guidelines and checklist bellow.
All reference footage needs to be taken in a controlled (indoor) environment to limit any external factors and follow the checklist.
When providing footage please provide the following information with each clip.
- Description of setup and Syrp gear you are using ie. Genie Mini Panning on tripod with a ballhead
- movement and timing parameters being used ie. Pan 10deg Counter clockwise, Rec time 20min, Play Time 10s, Interval 4s
- Camera and Focal length ie. 6D II, 24-70 f2.8 @ 50mm
- Exposure Parameters ie. 1/200th, f2.8, ISO 100
- Video Frame Rate ie. 25fps
- Post-production Process ie. Grade in Lightroom and compile in After Effects
Jittery time-lapse checklist
- Turn off auto focus to prevent focus searching and lens breathing.
- Turn off Image stabilization and in body stabilization to prevent induced jitter.
- Make sure the camera exposure is set to manual.
- Use the widest aperture to prevent aperture flicker.
- Turn off image review.
- Ensure that the interval is long enough for an exposure to be taken and the image to be written to the cameras card before the next picture is taken. Fast cards help.
- Make sure your camera is fully charged.
- Ensure the Link cable is pushed in completely.
- Use a solid tripod on a surface which will not transfer vibrations into the camera setup.
- External factors such as wind or touching anything attached to the tripod during recording will cause jitter.
- Pan or Tilt slowly, fast movements can look jittery.
- Ensure that the frame rate and timeline frame rate used is consistent the whole way through compiling. Any miss-match in framerate will cause jitter.
- If the final frame rate of your footage ie. 25fps is not a multiple of your computer screens refresh rate ie. 60hz this will make the playback look jittery.