We are still working to stabilise the software which requires changes to the underlying messages that we use to communicate between the phone and the device. When we change these messages for various technical reasons, to make sure new functionality works correctly, it will break compatibility with older firmware. In most instances, the device will not move if you try and use the newer app with the older firmware. So, in those cases we are forcing the firmware update in order for the app and the device to be able to communicate with each other (and thus avoid a non-functional device).
Articles in this section
- What is the maximum tilt up and down using the Pan Tilt Bracket when creating Multi Row Panorama?
- What does the Green or Red Camera Icon mean in the Timelapse mode of the Genie II APP? (when using the Genie Mini/Genie Mini II)
- Do I have to be connected/within bluetooth range to my Syrp device during a timelapse?
- Why am I being asked to allow for GPS location when using bluetooth to connect to my Genie or Genie Mini (Android)?
- What features are available now and which ones are available on future release?
- Why are some firmware updates forced?
- What is the latest App and Firmware version?