This article will help you work through any issues you have getting your multi axis setup to move when recording a Timelapse.
If you have this issue, you'll most likely see that:
- you are able to review your movements and record using the Genie and Genie Mini separately, but in a multi-axis setup, only the preview will work.
- 3 Axis works fine in Video mode
- You only seem to have a problem when trying to record in Timelapse mode.
There's a couple of things to run through to help you fix this:
- Check whether your Genie is running on the latest firmware version. To check the latest version available, click here. To check your Genie's current version, head to Settings> About> Current Firmware version.
- Make sure the Sync Cable is plugged in securely at both ends - sometimes this can seem like its plugged in, but needs a little extra pressure to click into place fully, particularly when using a new cable.
- Swap the Sync Cable end that's plugged in to your first Genie Mini into the other. Your Sync should always run from the Genie to a Genie Mini, but it can be plugged in to either Genie Mini in your setup).
- Ensure you are using a Syrp branded Sync Cable purchased directly from the website or from a legitimate stockist as noted under 'Find a Dealer' on our website. The Syrp Sync Cable is a 4 pole cable that has been specifically modified for use between the Genie and Genie Mini. Using a simple AUX cable (3 pole) is the most common reason for multi axis movement problems, and a regular 4 pole cable that hasn't been modified has the potential to damage your equipment.