Please thoroughly follow the steps below to troubleshoot issues related to your Genie Mini not firing your camera's shutter:
- Check the link cable -
Make sure that the Link cable is securely plugged in on both the Genie and the camera. It is
a common problem that the cable is not quite connected properly check by firmly pressing in
- Set to manual focus (MF) -
Always set your camera / lens to Manual Focus (MF), not Auto Focus (AF). In Auto Focus mode
the camera will try and find an Auto Focus (AF) point and if it can’t, your shutter won't fire.
- 'Image Review' is off -
On some camera types if 'Image Review' is ON, previewing the last
photo can affect the next shot, causing the shutter not to fire.
- 'Live View' is off -
Set your camera to ‘photo’ mode not ‘Live view’. ‘Live view’ can cause
issues with the shutter firing on some camera types.
- Check your interval -
Ensure you have set a long enough interval time.
Your interval time should be long enough to account for:
1. Shutter speed.
2. Processing the image onto your card (Raw takes longer).
As a safety, set your interval time at least 2 seconds longer than your shutter speed.
- Hard reset -
1. Long press the power button ( 5 - 6 secs ) and release to hard reset your Genie Mini. A series of lights will flash once, indicating the reset.
2. Allow up to 15 seconds for the device to reboot.
3. Connect to the Genie Mini. Update the firmware if prompted to do so.