Cameras such as the Sony NEX-7, Canon M or Nikon J1 do not have a remote input interface. The shutter is remotely triggered instead via infrared. The infrared (IR) Link cable is required to trigger these camera types. Please consult the user manual on the Support page for instructions about how to setup the IR emitter to trigger your camera.
Articles in this section
- Storage and Battery Life
- Genie's Maximum Speed
- Threading The Linear Plate Guide
- Troubleshoot - No movement with 2 and 3 Axis Set Ups
- Genie Rope Specifications
- Troubleshoot - Genie Not Firing Camera
- Genie Displays Half Battery Despite Adequate Charging
- Can cameras without remote inputs be used with the Genie?
- Can I use an external battery or power supply with the Genie?